why not meet the masters? try it and see!

Nov 24, 1996 01:19 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <199611241843.KAA79160@scv3.apple.com>, Tim Maroney
<maroney@apple.com> quotes and writes
>>"were he (Hume) even to give up feeding on animals would still feel a
>>craving for such a food, a craving over which he would have no control
>>and, -- the impediment would be the same in that case."
>
>Of course, the cynical interpretation would point out that this was one
>of a long list of excuses why direct evidence of the existence of the
>masters could not be provided. This excuse has the advantages that it
>blames the aspirant and the supposed problem could never be shown to have
>been solved.

Although now a vegetarian, I made my own contacts with "higher
intelligences" such as might be thought of by some as "Masters" when
still carnivorous.  So, the quote, IMO, is evidence of some kind of
excuse or duplicity - maybe to put Sinnet off?

"Direct evidence" of such intelligences is of course impossible to
provide if the contact is supposed to be "astral" (which heaven forbid)
as any such contact would be almost by definition subjective.

Alan
---------
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: Ancient Wisdom for a New Age:
http://www.nellie2.demon.co.uk/
E-mail: TINT@nellie2.demon.co.uk