Copyright.

Nov 21, 1996 03:50 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <329462A0.7875@earthlink.net>, "Patrick Alessandra Jr."
<apriorip@earthlink.net> writes
>> >Copyright (c) 1900-1995    --- permission for goodwill non-profit use
>> >happily given

>> It seems you are claiming copyright in a work which has long been in the
>> public domain - surely I am wrong in this?
>
>     Just a general procedure for any of the writings of the Mahatma's
>posted.  Truly the copyright would be K.H.'s.

*Invalid* procedure in law if the original author has been dead for 50
years or more (USA) or 70 years or more (Europe).  When did KH die? (if
indeed he is the author of the 1900 letter).  It seems to me that your
"permission" is a little presumptuous.

>Cheers,

Alan
---------
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: Ancient Wisdom for a New Age:
http://www.nellie2.demon.co.uk/
E-mail: TINT@nellie2.demon.co.uk