Re: Lutyens, Algeo, etc.

Nov 20, 1996 08:20 AM
by Patrick Alessandra Jr.

> "No religion
> higher than truth" has lost most or not all meaning in the Theosophical
> world, and the Krishamurti-ites don't seem to be any more successful at
> exemplifying it.

    Indeed, as written by K.H. :

                                 THE 1900 LETTER

   ... The T.S. and its members are slowly manufacturing a
   creed. Says a Thibetan proverb "credulity breeds credulity and ends
   in hypocrisy." How few are they who can know anything about us.  ...
   Beware of an Esoteric Popery. ...
   ...The T.S. must safely be ushered into the new century.
   ...You have for some time been under deluding influences.
   ...Shun pride, vanity and love of power.
   Be not guided by emotion but learn to stand alone.  Be accurate and
   critical rather than credulous. The mistake of the past in the old
   religions must not be glossed over with imaginary explanations.
   The E.S.T. must be reformed so as to be as unsectarian and
   creedless as the T.S..  The rules must be few and simple and
   acceptable to all. No one has the right to claim authority over a
   pupil or his conscience. Ask him not what he believes. All who are
   sincere and pure minded must have admittance. The crest wave of
   intellectual advancement must be taken hold of and guided into
   spirituality.  It cannot be forced into beliefs and emotional
   worship.  The essence of the higher thoughts of the members in
   their collectivity must guide all action in the T.S. and E.S..  We
   never try to subject to ourselves the will of another.  At
   favourable times we let loose elevating influences which strike
   various persons in various ways.  It is the collective aspect of
   many such thoughts that can give the correct note of action.  We
   show no favours.  The best corrective of error is an honest and
   open-minded examination of all facts subjective and objective.
   Misleading secrecy has given the death blow to numerous
   organizations. The cant about "Masters" must be silently but firmly
   put down. Let the devotion and service be to that Supreme Spirit
   alone of which one is a part.  Namelessly and silently we work and
   the continual references to ourselves and the repetition of our
   names raises up a confused aura that hinders our work. You will
   have to leave a good deal of your emotions and credulity before you
   become a safe guide among the influences that will commence to work
   in the new cycle. The T.S. was meant to be the corner-stone of the
   future religions of humanity.  To accomplish this object those who
   lead must leave aside their weak predilections for the forms and
   ceremonies of any particular creed and show themselves to be true
   Theosophists both in inner thoughts and outward observances.  The
   greatest of your trials is yet to come.  We watch over you but you
   must put forth all your strength.

                                                                  K.H.

Copyright (c) 1900-1995    --- permission for goodwill non-profit use
happily given

--
***  A.Priori  /  6524 San Felipe #323  /  Houston, TX  77057    USA
***  aprioripa@aol.com  /  http://users.aol.com/psychosoph/home.html