Powerful Search Software

Nov 13, 1996 05:32 AM
by MK Ramadoss

Hi

One of the frequently needed facility is to search your hard disk to
locate a file or a message or a spreadsheet based on one or more words.
To search info on Internet data bases, there  are several search
engines. One of the well known is Altavista.

The power of Altavista is being brought to our desktop. Here is a
message I pickedup.
I am going to try the software since I have several megs of theos-xxxx
messages in addition to various other files.

Even with text files, searching by Altavista will help. Take for
example, if we have SD on Disk, Alta Vista can help search by one or
more words.

You may want to download the beta copy for free and try it. I think one
would need a fast machine to do the indexing and searching.

MK Ramadoss