FW: One Day In Peace, January 1, 2000

Nov 12, 1996 10:14 PM
by Einar Adalsteinsson & ASB

This Message from Steve Diamond in Santa Barbara, and also a "lay" theosophist, seems to fit in on this list.
I forward it with a wish for an "inner peace" to you all every single day remaining of this century - and onward.

Love and light!

Einar from Iceland.

Dear Friends:

I am reading your interesting communiques, and wish to bring up the subject
of ONE DAY IN PEACE, JANUARY 1, 2000.   this is a concept for 24-hours where
no guns are fired anywhere on earth, including on television!  what if for
24 hours, whosoever happens to be at war on Dec. 31, 1999, agrees that for
one whole day no guns will be fired?  The silence would be golden.

And what if also, the television programmers of the world agreed not air any
programming which has a violent content?  A friend of mine suggested that it
will be easier to get the warring nations to stop firing, than it would be
to get the world's television programmers to not air violent programming!

At present, this ONE DAY IN PEACE concept is beginning to get further
circulation.  On April 6, 1997, it will be 1000 days until January 1, 2000,
an auspicious date.

This is a thought-wave campaign.  Which is to say, the more people who grasp
this thought, the more it comes into reality, sort of like the theory of the
Hundredth Monkey, which I have taken to calling the Hundred Human!

One Day In Peace, January 1, 2000.... pass it on... expect a miracle...

best wishes, Steve Diamond