Re: A Serious Question

Nov 02, 1996 10:14 AM
by Maxim Osinovsky

On Sat, 2 Nov 1996, Art House wrote:

> <Why don't you ask your own Self about it rather than posting a
> question to the discussion list?>
>
> -- Are you serious?
>
> I thought the whole point of this list was to be able to freely discuss
> these things?
>
> It's a valid question considering the facts. There were a lot of dubious
> activities that went into the foundation of the TS. I was just wondering
> (because I am struggling with it myself) how some of the members in
> longstanding might have reconciled the dirty laundry?

Questions about the facts themselves are valid indeed, and there was a
lot on this list on that matter.

Now, you were asking something else:
what are people's attitudes toward those facts (supposing they were
established facts which in itself is doubtful--compare e.g. what Alex
Dolgorukii and Liesel Deutsch or Bee Brown interpreted the 'facts') and
what they were going to do about it.

This is quite a different kind of question. I am wondering what you are
going to do with answers if you ever receive ones (it looks like all
direct answers to your question, which in itself is remarkable).

> I mean, really,
> what if I just said that Master Morya was making me ask this question,
> and that If pressed, would produce a letter to prove it,... would that
> make it any easier to talk about this?)

This is a really good point. Consider looking inside yourself and asking,
what makes you ask this question (--again not a direct answer...).

> There was some wool-pulling that went on, and now, all these years
> later, I just wonder how those in longstanding feel about "the pie in
> the sky" vs "the mud on the boots?"  A serious question, and not for the
> meek. It does indeed reach down to the very footings.

I answered for myself to this question. Did you? Could you please share
your opinion and explain in great detail how and why it reaches down to
the very footings?