Re: Brotherhood & other terms

Nov 01, 1996 10:22 AM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <Pine.BSD/.3.91.961031142346.21178A-100000@matrix.eden.com>,
"m.k. ramadoss" <ramadoss@eden.com> writes
>> > 2. Brotherhood.
>> >  BTW, if someone don't likes "brotherhood", i suppose to replace it
>> >by "cousinehood" - it might affect both men & women :)
>> >  But i personally support the original term "brotherhood". Annie
>> >Besant, who herself fighted for equal rights for women, never tried
>> >to replace it by some other term.
>
>       Knowing the personalities of HPB and Besant, I totally agree with
>you. If there was even a hint of male superiority, they would not have
>put up with.

Absolutely.  However, since then there has been more than a hint of male
superiority, and some of the worst of it has been seen on theos-l.  In
TI we *don't* put up with it.

Alan
---------
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: Ancient Wisdom for a New Age:
http://www.nellie2.demon.co.uk/
E-mail: TINT@nellie2.demon.co.uk