Re: masculine connotations

Oct 25, 1996 00:38 AM
by Eldon B. Tucker

(My message got bounced, so I'm sending it again.)

At 12:21 AM 10/23/96 -0400, you wrote:
>>Honestly, sometimes, as a woman, I think the Theosophical Society doesn't
>>really give a damn.
>>

>>Kym
>>
>Kym,
>
>I think it gives a damn, it just doesn't know how to communicate that it does.
>
>Liesel

I can think of one example. A future article of mine got "cleaned up" for
THE AMERICAN THEOSOPHIST. I had a reference to "layman" that was changed to
"layperson". It could be that just new materials are being adjusted, and
the classics left in their original verbatim form?

-- Eldon