Universal *blank* of Humanity

Oct 24, 1996 04:14 AM
by Bart Lidofsky

kymsmith@micron.net wrote:

> At the risk of being accused of complete dunderheadedness, the phrase "to
> form a nucleus of the universal brotherhood of humanity. . ." doesn't make
> sense.  If we must stick to that sentence, shouldn't it be "to form a
> nucleus FOR the universal brotherhood...?"  And, what does "form a nucleus
> mean?" (I already pontificated about this on the ti-l list)

	Don't have time to give you the essay version now but here's a short
answer....

	"Form a nucleus of" implies that the *****hood already exists. "Form a
nucleus for" implies that it does not exist, but should be created. To
me, "form a nucleus of etc." means to make people aware of that it
exists.

	Bart Lidofsky