Re: Regarding Masculine Connotation

Oct 22, 1996 06:09 AM
by Ann E. Bermingham

----------
> From: kymsmith@micron.net

> Honestly, sometimes, as a woman, I think the Theosophical Society doesn't
> really give a damn.

I believe it does give a damn, but its focus is not fully committed to the
future.  There's
still a lot of tendency to hang onto the past even when it doesn't work.
Seems to me
there is a tremendous split going on in many places, and
not just TS.  The old vs. the new.  There are some people who are
visionaries that want
to move into the future and devise new ways of doing things.  Then there
are those who
are very comfortable with the old regime and can't  understand why anyone
would want to
change what
they already see to be perfect. And they don't want to be made
UNCOMFORTABLE.

IMHO, I think it's going to take a lot of struggle to give birth to a new
and improved TS.

-Ann E. Bermingham