FELLOWSHIP!!

Oct 21, 1996 06:06 AM
by K. Paul Johnson

I'm writing before reading the last two days' digests, on a
Monday morning before the library opens.  Went to a church last
night that uses gender-inclusive language everywhere possible,
has a woman minister, and I noticed the word fellowship used a
lot.

Now, what's wrong with fellowship in place of brotherhood in
the TS objects and literature?  It already has a certain
sanction in that members are FELLOWS of the TS, not brethren
and sistern.  I'm sure some wet blanket stick-in-the-mud
traditionalists can come up with some complaints about the
term, but it sure as hell beats siblinghood.

"To form a nucleus of the universal fellowship of humanity."

Objections?