Re: We are all people

Oct 17, 1996 06:03 AM
by Ann E. Bermingham

----------
> From: John Straughn <JTarn@envirolink.org>
> what I am arguing about.  You (and not you specifically, "you" meaning
those
> who have stated that they wish to change the words on the following
grounds)
> wish to change the words because you, among  and /or in sympathy with
others,
> feel offended in a sexually discriminative manner.  This is undeniably an

> offence to the ego and the ego only.  Therefore, by changing the words
because
> of the latter reason, you are giving in to and giving strength to your
ego,
> thereby weakening your attraction to the atman.

And you are pronouncing big-time judgement on the rest of us.  Is that not
ego?

I would say there are some very strong egos on this list.  It has taken
them a long time to get where they are and as a result they are very
independent-minded Theosophists.  Having reached that point, probably most
of them have surrendered their egos, in some measure, to the Higher Self
and are using those egos for humanity.  Behind the ego mask, they have
decided to form this list and as a united international group, discuss
matters that might help TS survive.

Can you show how the removal of ego and attraction to the atman is going to
help us in the modernization and updating of TS around the world?

-Ann E. Bermingham