Re: One Final Thought

Oct 17, 1996 05:48 AM
by Ann E. Bermingham

----------
> From: ramadoss@eden.com
>         One of the very practical issues that has been discussed and
> addressed in the Lodges is that of closed vs open meetings. During the
time
> I spent in India, I have *never* seen *any* lodge having a meeting closed
> only to members. *All* meetings are open to anyone. But you will find
that
> there are lodges in this country that have predominantly closed meetings.

I was not aware of this situation.  When I was a member of the Akbar Lodge
in Chicago, I don't remember any of the meetings being closed, except for
meditation time.  Several people came from a great distance and the door
had to be kept open in case they came late.

Thanks for the information.

-Ann E. Bermingham