Re: The Pledge and the Weekend

Oct 16, 1996 05:59 PM
by Ann E. Bermingham

----------
> From: ramadoss@eden.com
>
>         Most of us see this and other fundamental problems with the
present
> bylaws. All the building blocks are in place to shut down all the lodges
and
> transfer all the assets to the Trust and once this is done, no one has to
> answer to any one.

Correct it I'm wrong, but perhaps there wouldn't be any one to answer to
simply because a great majority of the membership would leave.  And new
people might be quite apprehensive about joining an organization that
allowed them little freedom.  The organization would find itself like a
ship in which all the passengers have jumped off and swum ashore, while the
captain and crew stayed aboard.  What good is all that money and property
if they have no members to serve? What would be the purpose of their
existence?

-Ann E. Bermingham