*Some* of us are all in this together - like it or not

Oct 16, 1996 02:15 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <199610160321.XAA28289@envirolink.org>, John Straughn
<JTarn@envirolink.org> writes
>Dr. A.M.Bain writes:
>>I know of one local woman who quite the TS completely *because* she did
>>not want to be described as one of a "brotherhood" and a large number of
>>others who would not even look at theosophical literature because of
>>what they perceive as *sexist* language.
>
>And this kind of offense is caused by a revolt of the ego.

You do not know this woman, and are not qualified to state such a thing.
I do know her (still) and she was offended all the way through.

>  By teaching people
>that the truth lies in appeasing the ego, you are leading them further and
>further away from the truth.

I teach no such thing.  How dare you say so.

>  People are becoming more and more offended
>because in these modern times, it is becoming more and more important to be
>"recognized".

What is wrong with being recognised?  Should I start ignoring you?  I am
tempted .... :-)

>>The beloved "First Object" is now turning people off, and turning them
>>away, and the old guard keep wailing "Why is the membership continually
>>in decline?"  This may be only one reason, but it's real enough.
>>
>>How do I know about these things?  I was a Lodge president for two
>>years, vice president for one year, and I listened to what people said
>>who came to meetings, after the meetings were over and before they
>>began.  From this listening I helped to develop the ideas in Theosophy
>>International, for which *presumption* I was thrown out of my own
>>Lodge's committee with two days notice.
>>
>>In some places, it could be said, Theosophy sucks.
>
>Yes, and these places, I assure you, are not the higher ones.

Wow, you must be a REALLY high up important man who knows more than the
rest of us!

Alan
---------
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: Ancient Wisdom for a New Age:
http://www.nellie2.demon.co.uk/
E-mail: TINT@nellie2.demon.co.uk