Re: Political Correctness

Oct 14, 1996 05:34 AM
by Ann E. Bermingham

----------
> From: Bart Lidofsky <bartl@sprynet.com>
>=20
> 	I do not find "political correctness" to be tiresome. I find it to be
> reprehensible, and it should be anathema to anybody who seriously
> belongs to an organization whose motto is "THERE IS NO RELIGION HIGHER
> THAN TRUTH".=20
>=20
=20
Curious, I looked up the word below:

a=B7nath=B7e=B7ma (e-n=E0th=B9e-me) noun
1.	A formal ecclesiastical ban, curse, or excommunication.
2.	A vehement denunciation; a curse: =93the sound of a witch's anathemas =
in
some unknown tongue=94 (Nathaniel Hawthorne).
3.	One that is cursed or damned.
4.	One that is greatly reviled, loathed, or shunned.
[Late Latin, an accursed thing, from Greek anath=EAma, from anatithenai, =
dedicate : ana-, ana- + tithenai, to put.]

All I can say is that after being on this mailing list for over one year,=
have learned that no person here buys any ban, curse or excommunication o=
their communications.  While you are entitled to your opinions, if they
want to discuss political correctness, they are going to do so.

-Ann E. Bermingham