Re: discrimination

Oct 13, 1996 06:08 PM
by Bart Lidofsky

Dr. A.M.Bain wrote:

> In message <32615461.69A0@sprynet.com>, Bart Lidofsky
> <bartl@sprynet.com> writes
> >In New York, there is a Theosohpical Society lodge, and a ULT branch.
> >When people come to me and complain that they were thrown out of a ULT
> >meeting for asking the wrong kind of questions, I explain to them that
> >the ULT is there for presentation, not for discussion, and that the ULT
> >excels at presentation. I see no problem in people going to both groups.
>
> Nor do I, and many others on this list, but all too often this is not
> the view of members of the lodges and/or branches concerned, and people
> are thrown out for having different opinions, or daring to attend a
> "rival" organisation - as happened to me, and SFAIK, others on this
> list.

	At least for the last two decades, both the New York branch of the ULT
and the New York Theosophical Society have encouraged cross membership.
Getting cross-lecturers is a little more difficult; the ULT won't have
our lecturers, and they don't like to lecture at the NYTS under the
conditions we have of open questions and discussions.

	Bart Lidofsky