Re: on AAB; race and homophobia (Bart)

Oct 13, 1996 06:04 PM
by Bart Lidofsky

Dr. A.M.Bain wrote:

> There used to to be the quaint (IMO) view among theosophists that
> homosexuals (m or f) were transiting from one sex to another betweeen
> incarnations ...

Would be as good an explanation of transsexuality as I've ever heard.

There is a story about a student who asked a sage, "Why do crabs walk
sideways?" The sage, picked up a crab, and said, "Why do you walk
sideways?", and put the crab to his ear.

He told the student, "The crab wants to first know why we walk
forwards."

"Why, because it's natural!", said the student.

"Then, that is why the crab walks sideways", replied the sage.

I, personally, did not have the choice of homosexuality available to me.
When I was in college, I had a few very good friends who were homosexual
and willing. If they were female, there is an excellent chance I would
have taken them up on their offers. But, since they were male, although
I was flattered, it was simply not something I was willing or able to
do. It was not natural for me. I could not choose to go from
heterosexuality to homosexuality.

It is my suspicion that those who show open hatred of homosexuality DO
have the ability to make that choice, and it scares the hell out of
them.

	Bart Lidofsky