Re: The National Lodge

Oct 13, 1996 09:45 AM
by m.k. ramadoss

On Sun, 13 Oct 1996 RIhle@aol.com wrote:

> Richard Ihle writes-->
> Anyone have any thoughts on the new "National Lodge" as outlined on pp.18,19
> of the latest AT?
>
> Upon first reading, I was favorably impressed (because it seemed like a move
> toward more open communication etc.); upon second reading, however, I was
> stopped-up by the sentence "The officers and board of the National Lodge are
> those of the Theosophical Society in America."

	There is the fact that the members at large now constitute a
large percentage of the TSA membership. We will have to wait and see how
this National Lodge evolves.

> But one good thing:  The material is back to saying ~the Theosophical
> philosophy~ rather than just ~Theosophy~ when it (perhaps undoubtedly) means
> the doctrines found in HPB's writings.  However, maybe I should wait until I
> see it referred to as ~the principal Theosophical philosophy~ a time or two
> before I send in the extra $15 to become a National Lodge Member.

	I too would wait and see before I send in the extra $15 to become
a National Lodge Member.

> Another good thing:  The same issue of the AT is to be commended, in my
> opinion, for having this quote from HPB prominently displayed on the front
> cover:  ". . .the essence of Theosophy is in the harmonizing of the divine
> with the human in man."

	Amen.

> Anyone have any "inside information" on the National Lodge?

	May be someone would comment. If anyone wants to comment, but to
remain anonymous, it can be arranged.

	MKRamadoss