The National Lodge

Oct 13, 1996 07:12 AM
by RIhle

Jerry Schueler writes-->
>HPB warned
>us about the molds of the mind and the habitual grooves that
>our thinking gets itself into, and it is just this that besets
>the TSs today.  She also wrote that golden chains bind just
>as tightly as iron chains, but no theosophist today has a
>clue as to what she meant.  Right now my membership is close
>to ending as I see little reason to remain.

Richard Ihle writes-->
Anyone have any thoughts on the new "National Lodge" as outlined on pp.18,19
of the latest AT?

Upon first reading, I was favorably impressed (because it seemed like a move
toward more open communication etc.); upon second reading, however, I was
stopped-up by the sentence "The officers and board of the National Lodge are
those of the Theosophical Society in America."

But one good thing:  The material is back to saying ~the Theosophical
philosophy~ rather than just ~Theosophy~ when it (perhaps undoubtedly) means
the doctrines found in HPB's writings.  However, maybe I should wait until I
see it referred to as ~the principal Theosophical philosophy~ a time or two
before I send in the extra $15 to become a National Lodge Member.

Another good thing:  The same issue of the AT is to be commended, in my
opinion, for having this quote from HPB prominently displayed on the front
cover:  ". . .the essence of Theosophy is in the harmonizing of the divine
with the human in man."

Anyone have any "inside information" on the National Lodge?

Godspeed,

Richard Ihle