Re: spiritual discrimination

Oct 13, 1996 05:51 AM
by Ann E. Bermingham

----------
> >. That the goal of all teaching given in the REAL esoteric schools is TO

> >   PUT MAN CONSCIOUSLY IN TOUCH WITH HIS OWN SOUL AND NOT WITH THE
MASTER."
> From: liesel f. deutsch <liesel@dreamscape.com>
> Thank you, Max, for saying that. In my inmost mind I was never too keen
> about becoming a chela, & serve the Masters. But rather, I thought that
my
> more important goal would be that I be of service to mankind. Since
> Theosophy says "Serve the Masters", I thought there was something wrong
with
> me, and I blamed my not being very eager to serve any Masters on the fact
> that I didn't think much of my own father.

Where for a long time the soul serves the personality, eventually things
turn around and the personality serves the soul.  Since all souls are
generally connected together, then the personality or earth mask begins to
serve humanity because now it can see the connection within all other
personalities.

I think most Masters are looking for "a few good personalities" that will
serve humanity, since that is their work.  Each person probably comes to a
certain level of rapport with their soul, then is recruited by a Master.
Otherwise you'd have some egocentric person running amok in the plans,
although I'm sure there is still a possibility of personality kinks getting
in the way.  ("But DK," he whined, "How can we make any money off of this
stuff.")

As for the admonishment "to serve the Masters", this sounds like a way of
giving people who are not really in touch with Them a kind of goal.  And a
backward way of saying "serve humanity."  But maybe it started to fall into
an adoration of the Masters and completely got away from the real idea -
serving people everywhere. (Alan's soup kitchen post fits here nicely.)  A
much more difficult task than worshipping some superman being and expecting
him to sweep into your parlor wearing a turban.  I guess this would come
somewhere in the glamour and illusion category.

-Ann E. Bermingham