Re: Shifting Chaff from Wheat

Oct 11, 1996 07:48 PM
by Maxim Osinovsky

On Fri, 11 Oct 1996, Jerry Schueler wrote:

> Maybe the average theosophist has an IQ of about 60?  Is this what
> you are suggesting?  If you really have such a hard time trying
> to figure out what is right from what is wrong with ol' CWL, please
> just ask me, and I will be happy to distinguish the difference for
> you. Sorry, Max, but I agree with Liesel on this one.

Liesel suggested to drop the CWL business.

> PS.  Please give me the name of one single person whose
> teachings do not include at least one "distorted representations
> of reality" and I will apologise to your superior wisdom.

Jerry,

I prefer to take what you wrote above at face value. Names abound (my
favorites included, others may be added):

1. Patanjali's Yoga Sutras
2. Shankara (Sri Shankaracharya)
3. many Mahayana scriptures, e.g. the Heart Sutra, Vimalakirtinirdesha
   Sutra, Avatamsaka Sutra, all Prajnaparamita Sutras
4. Plato
5. Plotinus
6. Dionysius Areopagite
7. Meister Eckhart
8. H.P.Blavatsky
9. Master DK's books written by Alice Bailey
10. all Agni Yoga books (there are 14 of them)
11. some scriptures of Kashmir Shaivism, e.g. Shiva Sutra,
    Tantraloka, etc.

Max