Proofs

Oct 09, 1996 04:46 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <Pine.OSF.3.90.961009095418.7290M-
100000@library.berkeley.edu>, Maxim Osinovsky <mosinovs@library.berkeley
.edu> writes
>As to 'proving' the theosophical teachings, it looks like the only thing
>that has been proven on this discussion list is that they cannot be proved,
>so please give me some idea of what kind of proof you expect.

None at all.  There is only personal experience.  This we *know* we have
had as individuals, but we cannopt "prove" its validity to anyone.

> On my side,
>I believe that one may get all the neccessary proofs if one cares to do
>meditation and make contact with one's higher self (aka the Self, soul,
>spirit, atman). No contact with the Self, no proofs are possible.

I would change the word "proofs" in your statement to "evidence" - then
I would agree with what you say.

Alan
---------
Homepage: http://www.nellie2.demon.co.uk/
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: Ancient Wisdom for a New Age:
TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk, and from homepage above.