Re: Spiritual Discrimination

Oct 08, 1996 05:41 PM
by Ann E. Bermingham

Max:
>Future generations may discard the contemporary notions of karma and
>justice as childish inventions of immature 19th-century minds, but the
>reality behind those notions is going to persist as it is beyond
>limitations of space and time.

One would hope that if it proves useless, it would be discarded or at least
looked on as a curious antique.  I would imagine that the knowledge of
yesterday would be expanded and advanced in this time frame, while in the
next generation, our knowledge would also be beyond what we think of it.
As the old saying goes, the only thing that stays the same is change.  So
why should knowledge be any different?  Our notions of karma/justice should
be different as time goes on, just as the understanding of fire is somewhat
beyond that of the caveman/woman.

-Ann E. Bermingham