To Know, to Dare, to Do, and to be Silent

Oct 06, 1996 10:26 PM
by Maurice de Montaine

     Having already placed a posting relative to the truth about
Crowley on this list, I have no intention to get drawn into a
protracted debate based upon preconceived ideas and faulty research.
I've found over the years that when someone does not really want to
hear another side, it is forsooth pointless to go on and on. Let each
one, then, hold to their specific viewpoint, irrespective of the fact
that it may be misconceived and they are not genuinely willing to
consider an alternative presentation.

     The truth will out in the end no matter what anyone thinks.
Besides, I prefer to accept that which is presented by the Masters of
the Great White Brotherhood as more likely to be true than what is
presented by an average student in these areas. I do not doubt,
though, that there are those who would even tell the Masters
themselves that they don't know what they are talking about.

     Moreover, to present a fact and history of another in the proper
manner for an educational purpose is not criticism. We have,
therefore, to distinguish between the two.

Fraternally

Maurice de Montaine, B.A. (Hons.), M.A., M.Litt., Ph.D.

Ancient and Accepted Rite, 33rd Degree.
Antient and Primitive Rite, 33rd Degree.
Co-Freemasonry, 33rd Degree.
Rosicrucian Order (AMORC), 12th Degree (Past Chairperson, AMORC
Hobart Organizational Group; Past member, International Research
Council of Rose-Croix University; Past member, Australian Research
Group of AMORC; Past member, AMORC Australian Networking).
Traditional Martinist Order, 3rd Degree & Circle of Unknown
Philosophers.
Theosophical Society, Hobart Lodge (Past Secretary & Editor of
Theosophia).
etc., etc., etc.