Re: Spiritual discrimination

Oct 06, 1996 06:31 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <Pine.OSF.3.90.961006161147.13772A-
100000@library.berkeley.edu>, Maxim Osinovsky <mosinovs@library.berkeley
.edu> writes
>Some others on this list who support the above mentioned discussion as
>a good word game or just as a joke, may wish to remember that careless
>language still creates karma commensurate with the literal meaning of the
>words used and especially with the vibrations in the environment their
>electronic speech may generate.
>
>I believe things like that should not go unchallenged, so I invite others
>to contribute their opinions about it.
>
>Max

"careless language still creates karma commensurate with the literal
meaning of the words used and especially with the vibrations in the
environment their electronic speech may generate."

I challenge this as an *absurd* statement!  Your words read like those
of a fundamentalist evangelist.  Explain to me, as an example of your
claim, the *literal meaning* of the word "joke."

Alan
---------
Homepage: http://www.nellie2.demon.co.uk/
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: Ancient Wisdom for a New Age:
TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk, and from homepage above.