Re: Organizational Evolution

Oct 02, 1996 05:24 PM
by Ann E. Bermingham

Einar:
>This points to the New Age idea, that there will be a mass production of
>initiates soon (which is rather daubtful in my mind), which would require a
>new way to handle things.

I inwardly smiled when I read this, because I can understand your skepticism.
But I would like to share with everyone this passage from A. Bailey's The Rays &
The Initiations:

"In connection with the individual and the first initiation, the seventh ray is
always active and the man is enabled consciously to register the fact of
initiation because either the brain or the mind (and frequently both) are
controlled by the 7th ray.  It is this fact which is of importance today in
connectin with humanity, for it will enable mankind to pass through the door
admitting them to the first initiatory process.  It will be apparent to you why
the present period in which human beings (in large groups) can take the first
initiation corresponds to a situation in which bread is the major interest of
men everywhere.  Humanity will pass through the "birth' initiation and manifest
the Christ life on a large scale for the first time during a period of economic
adjustment of which the word "bread" is but a symbol.  This period started in
the year 1825 and will continue until the end of this century.  The unfoldment
of the Christ life - as a result of the presence and activity of the second
divine aspect of love - will result in the ending of economic fear, and the
"house of bread" will become the "house of plenty."  Bread - as the symbol of
material human need - will eventually be controlled by a vast group of initiates
of the first initiation - by those who lives are beginning to be controlled by
the Christ-consciousness, which is the consciousness of responsibility and
service.  These initiates exist in their thousands today; they will be present
in their millions by the time year 2025 arrives. . . "

This is a controversial and speculative statement, but it is "food" for thought,
or at least it has been for me.  What if at the present time and in the future,
large numbers of people all over the world, were taking the first initiation?
Quietly and without fanfare, they were going through the changes of being
initiated, experiencing the reorientation of their bodies and turning towards
the work of the Soul, in service of humanity.  If there were enough of them, it
could turn things around for humanity.  It is a tantalizing idea.

>On the hirarchial structure of the TS, it's a different matter. Olcott is
>said to have modelled the democratic structure of the TS after the
>Constitution of the United States, thus ensuring both full democracy and
>strong infrastructure.

I really don't know much about the structure of TS, so I will leave the
discussion of this issue to those here who are far more knowledgable than I am.

-Ann E. Bermingham