Dharma

Sep 28, 1996 03:19 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <199609280911.JAA15893@rvik.ismennt.is>, "Einar Adalsteinsson
& A.S.B." <annasb@ismennt.is> writes
>>>"There is no wisdom higher then truth." (I love that!)
>>

>The original text to the emblem of Theosophical Society I believe is:
>
>"Satya Nasti Paro Dharma" (Sanskrit or Pali?).
>
>My sources tell me that it should have translated as:
>
>"There is no DOCTRINE (Dharma) higher than truth (Satya)"

Even if your sources are wrong, it sounds better than the translation we
have!  Dharma, though, is more than just doctrine, isn't it?  (I am
actually asking this question - it is not rhetorical).

Alan
---------
Homepage: http://www.nellie2.demon.co.uk/
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: Ancient Wisdom for a New Age:
TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk, and from homepage above.