Re: Psychogenesis and the VOS

Sep 08, 1996 06:09 PM
by Alan

In message <960907123238_303455901@emout07.mail.aol.com>, RIhle@aol.com
writes
>Secondly, modern dietary or other hormonal-affecting aberrations may have
>screwed up the significance of precise ages altogether.  I have read that
>around age 14 used to be a quite common time for the onset of menses; now,
>one hears about even 8- and 9-year old girls getting their periods.  I have
>no idea what is going on, but it certainly diminishes any predictive value of
>the Doctrine of Seven-Year Cycles based on strict age-related considerations.

One *hears* about these things more often now, that's all.  Cases of
what is medically described as Precocious Puberty have been known for
centuries.  Sooo ... nothing unusual is going on.  Recently on UK TV
there was a documentary on "XY Women" who are genetically and
chromosomally male, but have no testes or male genitalia, and usually
only a variable amount of the usual female reproductive equipment.  The
lack of a uterus is common.  Such folk have been around for centuries
too.

Alan
---------
Homepage: http://www.nellie2.demon.co.uk/
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: Ancient Wisdom for a New Age
TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk
http://WWW1.Minn.Net/~vlg/TI.html (Figure "one" after WWW)