Re: Eden & serpent

Sep 08, 1996 06:47 AM
by JRC

On Sun, 8 Sep 1996, liesel f. deutsch wrote:

> >We could open up the can about why
> >>did God put a serpent in the garden of Eden in the first place,
>
> We could open up the can about whether it was god who put the serpent into
> the Garden of Eden, and also whether it was god who invented the Garden of
> Eden in the first place.

Yes! In fact Douglas Adams (I think) once said something like the sort
of person who puts  a single apple tree in the middle of the garden, and
then tells folks "do *not* eat from that tree" is the same sort of
mentality that puts bricks under hats on the sidewalk - virtually begging
people to kick them ... and stub their toes - you can't win with such a
fellow ... if he didn't gethca one way, he'd getcha another.