gif/binary files

Aug 23, 1996 05:32 PM
by John E. Mead

usually you can send these things as MIME/binary files (an
attachment).  However, I'm not sure if the listserver handles these
correctly (like in digest mode,  you only get one text file. probably
sent as ascii, and corrupted through the e-mail systems.  you cannot
send binary through e-mail.  that is why they have MIME and
uuencoded files).

my suggestion is to perhaps send the file
1) to individuals who want it (as MIME/binary attachments), and they
should be able to extract it.
2) possibly add the file (gif etc.) to the library. but it may need to be uuencoded.  I haven't tried that.  If it ends up as a text file
in the library,  it is probably not going to be readable after being
sent as a regular e-mail (unless it uuencoded).

peace -

john e. mead

p.s. comments from others are welcome.

John E. Mead  jem@vnet.net
Theos-L etc. list-owner
Member of Theosophical Society in America
Member of Theosophy International
[Physics is impossible without imaginary numbers]
[Mathematics is impossible without consciousness]