Re: Gamaliel&Paul

Aug 21, 1996 08:14 AM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <90D14F25A7@serv.peb.ufrj.br>, ABRANTES@serv.peb.ufrj.br
writes
>At 2Cor12:3
>Paul indirectly refers to some <gnosis> that received from his personal contact
>with Jesus at
><third heaven>.

No. He does not suggest that he received a this from personal contact
with Jesus.  He does not even say that *he* received it, only that he
knew someone who did receive it.  Although scholars argue that Paul
speaks indrectly about his own experience, it is *not* what Paul says,
and there is no real evidence for such an assumption.  "I know a man
.." he says.

Alan
---------
Homepage: http://www.nellie2.demon.co.uk/
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: Ancient Wisdom for a New Age
TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk
http://WWW1.Minn.Net/~vlg/TI.html (Figure "one" after WWW)