Re: Skandhas & Self-Awareness

Aug 21, 1996 02:13 PM
by Jerry Schueler

>Indeed, allowing for the moment the possibility that reincarnation may be
>true, I have long suspected that mere "aggregates of attachment" (~skandhas~)
>might not be enough to bring the old Atma-Buddhi-manas package back for
>another try:  it seems reasonable that at least some Self-awareness must
>remain in association with these "desire-seeds."
	Richard, this is an ancient Taoist teaching.  Taoist Yoga
includes techniques for the circulation of chi/prana to form a subtle
body (Golden Flower) that will transcend physical death.  Without
this self-awareness, they maintain that reincarnation is impossible.
I don't know how Theosophy would perceive this idea though.

	Jerry S.
	Member, TI