Re: Consciousness/Gurdjieff

Aug 20, 1996 04:31 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <960820111157_72724.413_FHP49-1@CompuServe.COM>, Sy Ginsburg
<72724.413@compuserve.com> writes
>hrough the effort of being in this higher state of human consciousness
>more or less consistently,  there is some sort of continuity  of consciousness
>(but not of personality) beyond the doorway of physical death.

I think this is true in any case - that there is continuity of
consciousness (not personality) beyond physical death.  Those of us who
make the effort to work on ourselves are likely to be a little better
equipped to handle it when the time comes.

It's a complicated subject for which I have a deal of [subjective]
evidence, so it's kind of third object unprovable stuff.

Alan
---------
Homepage: http://www.nellie2.demon.co.uk/
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: Ancient Wisdom for a New Age
TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk
http://WWW1.Minn.Net/~vlg/TI.html (Figure "one" after WWW)