Re: Sri Aurobindo

Aug 15, 1996 00:35 AM
by Maxim Osinovsky

On Thu, 15 Aug 1996 ramadoss@eden.com wrote:

> >> 	A point of side interest. Aurobindo had a poem written about KH. I
> >
> seeing it in a collection of poems written by Aurobindo. It should be in the

Doss and everyone else,

May I humbly suggest using "Sri Aurobindo" or "Aurobindo Ghose" as a right
form of address. "Aurobindo" somehow seems to be inappropriate.

People in this country tend to respect earned (vs. just inherited) titles
like "Judge," "Dr." and so on. I believe same rule should apply to such
titles as "Master" (e.g. "Master K.H.") or, if the word 'master' jars
every bone in someone's body, one may use a substitute like "Mahatma"
(e.g. "Mahatma K.H.")--this is earned, too, not inherited.

Max