Re: The Existence of Jesus

Aug 09, 1996 03:48 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <9608082014.AA18136@toto.csustan.edu>, Jerry Hejka-Ekins
<jhe@toto.csustan.edu> writes
>I do
>remember that we have learned that first century Judaism was a
>chaotic mess with lots of infighting going on.

Oh indeed! Prof. Jacob Neusner (Formerly of Brown University, RI but now
somewhere else) makes it clear that there were many "Judaisms" at the
time, as he puts it!

In my "The Nazarenes" (in a section not yet on my homepage) I take a
look at this.

Alan
---------
Homepage: http://www.nellie2.demon.co.uk/
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: Ancient Wisdom for a New Age
TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk
http://WWW1.Minn.Net/~vlg/TI.html (Figure "one" after WWW)