Re: Freedom of Thought

Aug 06, 1996 09:30 AM
by m.k. ramadoss

In addition to what Chuck has stated, I believe that Krishnamurti
Foundation of America tried to have a moderated official maillist which
fell on its face. Its reincarnation as an unmoderated and un-official
maillist is flourishing. The latter list is owned by an individual in
Germany.

All newsgroups go through a voting process. New newsgroups have to
clearly establish why it is justified, especially if there is already a
newsgroup which is active. The powers be that finally approve newsgroups
will look rather critically at newsgroups whose primary focus is
moderating ie. censoring. So if TSA is planning a news group, then we
need to keep looking for the announcement in usenet and each one of is
members and non members alike should give our feedback. If any one who is
reading usenet newsgroup voting proposals knows about a moderated
theosophy newsgroup, please post a message so that we all can immediately
respond with our feedback.

    Peace to all living beings.

    M K Ramadoss