Re: Problems according to Campbell

Aug 02, 1996 09:12 PM
by Maxim Osinovsky

On Fri, 2 Aug 1996, Ann E. Bermingham wrote:

> Max:
> >As to the lack of "a strong core of sociallly bonded members"--it's
> >obsolete in this age of the Internet.
>
> The Internet is a wonderful thing.  Where once we were separated by miles and
> expensive long-distance phone bills, we can talk to people from all over the
> world.  We exist as entities in cyberspace.
>
> But it's also still great to be in room full of warm bodies that are munching on
> cheesecake and drinking coffee or tea.  I'd rather have the best of both worlds.

I agree. I would add to it that besides Internet chat and physical
presence there is a third option not to be overlooked by theosophists, a
spiritual presence abd spiritual communication. To my limited knowledge,
it's mostly hard work, but also sometimes listening to angelic harping and
perhaps smelling some good coffee or tea :)

Max