Not Alan on reincarnation & karma

Aug 01, 1996 02:48 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

I guess you pressed the "Reply" button: none of the quotes is mine!

Alan

In message <960801200549_76400.1474_HHL60-4@CompuServe.COM>, Jerry
Schueler <76400.1474@compuserve.com> writes
>>      Why cannot the (higher) manas within the auric egg (or field of
>>consciousness-matter) send out a ray, form a vehicle, for a new
>>manifestation?
>       Because manas is the human mind, and it is re-born each time.
>The causal body, the atma-buddhi, is the Reincarnating Ego which
>puts forth a new "ray" or manas at the beginning of each re-incarnation.
>
>> Let us assume the standpoint
>>of the human monad. It manifests as a personality, has its experiences,
>>and withdraws its energy from the outer vehicle. It stores what it has
>>learned (by means of its vehicle) on this earth in its database.
>>The monad needs more experience in this life and manifests again,
>>forming a new persona, based upon previous experiences, and, the new
>>environment it is going to manifest in, etc.
>       This is the typical exoteric view of reincarnation, but not
>what was taught by HPB.  The human monad is reborn each time.
>The "aroma" of each life is stored, not in or by the human monad,
>but by and in the atma-buddhi.  If you look at it as body, soul, and spirit,
>then only the spirit survives and reincarnates, forming a new soul
>and new body each time.
>
>       Jerry S.
>       Member, TI

---------
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: Ancient Wisdom for a New Age
TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk
http://WWW1.Minn.Net/~vlg/TI.html
(Note figure "one" after WWW)