In Reply, Huh Huh

Aug 01, 1996 02:09 PM
by James S Yungkans

I'll try to explain a little better, as it appears that I did not come
across well last time, based on the return comments from alan.

>>had to step in here, as the waters appear a little like the Ganges (Turbid
>>and full of disease!)
>
>.. a very unfriendly comment.

Not unfriendly, but pointed.  Many of the comments you pointed to were
completely in line with old terminology which, from my view, are posessed
with many errors, and potential problems for others.  When one sees a
painful situation, one try's to remidy it.  Not being overly experienced in
either tact or gracefullness (a condition rather common with several of us
here), I simply try to state opinions of things "As I see them."

>Why "assume" anything?

Any "Theory" is an assumption.  If you try to make a model without full
understanding of the principles, you result in making a false theory which
makes an "Ass" out of "YOU" (the people that accept the theory) and "ME"
(the expounder of said theory).  Example: the 'Protyle' of Dr. Crokes(?)
which proved to nothing more than elemental sulfur.  I think the old lady
got a thousand miles worth of laughter off of that one.

>  it is more likely that, due to pre-programmed vibrations from
>>Parents, Siblings, Relatives, etc..that you attract these "Shells" to you
>>only to play back their memories as your own...Ponder on this one before
>>getting too deep in this pit.  Next time you might claim to be Edgar Allen
>>Poe, and.....
>
>Given your example, you are right, but who is getting into any pit?
>There are a great many assumptions in your own post here!

This was supposed to be a witty attempt at a pun.  "The Pit and the
Pendulum" was a story which I was referring to. This was also the reason for
including "Edgar Allen [Alan] Poe.  We really must be a little more light
hearted. The "Pit" could also be the past-life scenario we were talking
about (and it appeared that you did believe yourself to be one Ex-WW1
Soldier [would that have been a pilot by chance?]), or it could be the topic
of the story (which I think was written by Edgar Allen Poe, however mistaken
I might be about this point.)

>  My WWI experience is documented, and contains
>many elements I could not have possibly known beforehand, but which were
>verified by research after the experience.  So although it *could* have
>been a "quick return" reincarnation, it does not follow that it was.

Any detail can be pulled from the Kama-Rupa, including exact coordinates for
buried treasure, names of others from a platoon of soldiers, even pillow
talk.  Such details would be left behind, and accessable.  I personally
refer to these "SPOOKS" as floating "Recording Tapes (Read-Only)."  They
only need to be brought into contact with a player that has a sutable
playback mechanism (as do most mediumistic individuals, like yourself) to
have the grand total of their past histories presented.  The accuracy,
needless to say, would be extraordanary, provided the Spook is not breaking
up, and getting disoriented.

>>2) that the animal kingdom is advancing faster than we are
>
>This is ridiculous - how on earth do you deduce such an assumption from
>my post?

In Response, You stated in an earlier post:
  1. Life evolves "upward" from the lower kingdoms to the higher, so that
  at some (undefined) point "lower" animals incarnate for the first time
  as humans.
  >3. Also against this view, if new humans are appearing all the time,
  >*and* it takes those who are on the wheel of rebirth vast ages to get
  >off, there has to come a time when due to the slow progress of human
  >beings, there will be no room to move on the planet.

So, if (a) Lower animals are incarnating as humans, and (b) "Due to the slow
progress of human evolution, there will be no room on this planet", then the
animal kingdom (of a quantity X) are becomming human faster than the human
kingdom (Quantity Y) is becomming Deva, therefore since X > Y (according to
your statements) my deduction of your statement is very much affirmed.
Perhaps you can provide a restatement to clarify your views, which I feel
limits the human kingdon to Genus "Homo" (by using Darwinian concepts)
rather than noting the difference between Animals and Mankind, which is not
subject to "Physical" definitions.  If it were, are you possibly related to
that individual in HPB's office that we've made such a fuss about (you know,
the furry one in the coat :}

>>If mankind was not moving forward, how would one explain the growth in
>>psychic ability on as mass scale (which is an opening of the mind to the
>>forces of the other realms, or "Awakening the Dreamer")
>
>Could you provide evidence to support this assertion?  I for one do not
>see any.

This was meant to be a question, however, the following logic may help.
If mankind is developing Psychic abilities at a faster rate than in past
time period, then something must be happening to the human race.  Therefore
we must attempt to understand what is happening.  Psychic abilities are
"Powers LATENT in mankind", correct?  If these LATENT powers are becomming
MANIFEST, wouldn't it indicate that a change is occuring?  And if we are
supposed to be Opening (like a lotus blossom), wouldn't this be viewed as
advancement.  As far a "Evidence" is concerned, take a trip to your local
magazine store and read the journals.  Practically everyone is being told
"You Are Psychic" with evidence to back up the allegation.  This is
tandamount to, in the 1860's, everyone being told that they are
"Sensitives", which most obviously would not be the case.  You can claim
that we aren't advancing, but the problem is that mankind is not measure by
physical counts.  If we remember statments about such things as the height
of humans increasing, and take it out of the Materialistic interpretation
(which is so prevalent), perhaps this height increase is GROWTH into the
higher realms while maintaining out ROOTS in the Physical realm.  Perhaps
our 6th sub race might be taller still, and in fact is very much so.

You (alan) said:  "As defined in our teachings" does not tell me who the
"we" of "our" are. Most of the above does not resonate with me, or is
expressed in a
manner I cannot follow."  If I am writing on a theosophical bullitin board,
I am referring to "we"/"Our" as Theosophist (in a general term) without
trying to identify individual source.  I am a fellow of the T.S., and do try
to explain things in theosphical terms.  If things are not written in a form
you can follow, I will try to accomidate you, however, if it does not
"Resonate" with you, then you must open your awareness to be able to
perceive what is meant in a given section of text.  Personally, a fine
theosophist as yourself (a self-proclaimed expert in psychic phenomina,
SPOOKS, and other such things) who expounds Theosophy International on every
post should have these capabilities well developed by this time (Or is all
this "Psychic Ability" and "Experience" of yours a Humbug, and nothing more
exciting than the talk of astral spooks resonating through the ethers of the
internet)[my apologies for sounding harsh or undignified, but I feel that,
that until we gain better control of our Kamic selves, including listening
to anything that "Floats" by as a Guru or Angel, that we should be cautious
with any opinions we accept as true.]

>>I expect Mr. Bain's next post to
>>be something on the order of "I only chewed in self-defence, but I never
>>swallowed."
>I have no idea what you are trying to say here.

I was simply drawing an allegory between you as "Draco" (the dragon in
"Dragonheart"), which I thought might be humerous and/or flattering.  When
Drago was accused of eating a knight, he made this comment.  By the way,
Dragons like Draco, as presented in this film, are perfect allegories for
Devas (Devs, or Devils.)  Also the only diference between Angels or Devils
(both are Devas of sorts) with that one is on the right hand path while the
other is on the left.

                                  James

P.S. I hope this post helps steady your legs in the depths, from which you
said "I can't fathom."  And of course I don't consider any of your posts as
attacks, merely a friendly joust.  Oh, for another quote from Dragonheart (I
know how cultured we all are on this list):

(Scene) The knight is in the jaws of the Dragon, about 20 feet off the
ground. His sword is placed upward into the head of the Dragon, however he
can move it no further.  Neither opponent can move, as the other would gain
the advantage required to slay the other.

Knight: "Your jaw comes down, and my sword comes up...right into your brain."
Draco:  "Your sword comes up, and my Jaws come down...right into YOU..."

And on it continues...