Re: What's next in the movement

Jul 30, 1996 01:39 PM
by Jerry Schueler

RI:
>On the other hand, I don't believe the "movement" has a prayer anyway if it
>just plans to go ~thinking~ its way into the Twenty-First Century.  Neither
>do I believe it will profit much from any New Age re-hashes of Old Age
>developmental and magical technique.
	But, if we are in the 4th Round (kama) and 5th Root Race
(manas), then it would seem like kama-manas approaches are in order
for the 20th and 21st centuries.  Whats your alternative?  Intuition?
We all know how flakey the intuition is.  The "still small voice" within
is almost always right, if we hear it.  But when it conflicts with logic and
reason, we generally dismiss it (and get into trouble).

>No, if the Theosophical Movement is to take off again, it will only be, in my
>opinion, because a ~new, simple, practical, easily practiced developmental
>technique~ suddenly becomes suggested by the Psychogenetic component of the
>PTP.  One that is just a toenail in advance of existing meditation,
>visualization, self-affirmation etc. approaches.
	 Are you suggesting a new technique of some kind, possible with
buddhi-manas intent?  Will the 21st century be ready for buddhi-manas ventures?

> Undoubtedly like you, Jerry
>Schueler, and many others on theos-l, I have my own very "hot prospect" in
>mind right at this very moment.  If I can make it work without losing my toe,
>I will share it sooner or later. . . .
	Good luck.  My own "hot prospect" is now (finally) in the works too.
May the better hot prospect prevail.

	Jerry S.
	Member, TI