Re: TS yoga

Jul 27, 1996 05:20 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <960726232854_72723.2375_FHP36-1@CompuServe.COM>, "Ann E.
Bermingham" <72723.2375@CompuServe.COM> writes
>I once had a guru that said he though the Beatles incarnated to bring Eastern
>thought to the Western world.  First they were amazingly popular, then they got
>hooked up with an Indian guru and brought some Indian music to the pop scene
>(Ravi Shankar).  I'm not saying it's true, but it's an interesting idea.

The Indian guru brought an Eastern (yoga) *method* to the Western world
around 1960 - I saw him at the Albert Hall in London, and was not long
after initiated.  The Beatles latched onto him quite a bit later, and
effectively trashed his mission altogether eventually.

I am preparing a serious paper on some of this 1960s stuff, but it will
take a bit of time.  Said guru was linked directly to Shankaracharya.

Alan
---------
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: Ancient Wisdom for a New Age
TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk
http://WWW1.Minn.Net/~vlg/TI.html
(Note figure "one" after WWW)