Teachings?

Jul 26, 1996 05:49 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <960726191052_165083578@emout18.mail.aol.com>,
Drpsionic@aol.com writes
>Ann,
>I can forgive an individual for moments of weakness.  Even I have and I'm the
>World Teacher (hell, everyone else claims to be, why not go for the money?:-)
>:-)).  But seriously, it's the idea that people are supposed to be weak that
>makes we want to puke everytime someone brings up the Sermon on the Mount.

That's because you read English translations, and need to do more
research.  For example, there is a view, which merits some attention,
that "The Meek" who shall inherit the earth is sectarian code for the
members of the "Jesus Sect" at the time.

> Crucifixion was too good for anyone spouting that garbage.

Crucifixion is a horrible death, especially suitable (so they said) for
heretics ...

>I'm surprised you don't know who Nero was.  He was the Roman Emperor who
>tried to wipe out the Xtians and did not succeed.  He also invented urban
>renewal, fiddling while the city burned (the Xtians started the fire, no
>matter what anyone says!  There was this Xtian name Olearius, and he had this
>cow...).

No one knows for sure who started the fire, including you.  The prime
suspect remains Nero, albeit indirectly.

>Chuck the Heretic

.. who advocates crucifying and burning large numbers of people to
death.  The Nazis used gas ovens - maybe you would like to start a
program for the use of these in the USA to dispose of the unnamed
millions on your hit list?

Alan :-(
---------
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: Ancient Wisdom for a New Age
TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk
http://WWW1.Minn.Net/~vlg/TI.html
(Note figure "one" after WWW)