Re: What's next in the movement

Jul 27, 1996 04:45 AM
by Sy Ginsburg

James S. Yungkans writes and/or forwards a message asking, "What's next in the
movement" , and commenting that "if the masters were to come today to one of our
"Annual Conventions", they would be appalled at what we have done to their
'Society'".

There are many of us theosophists who believe this is a serious problem. It is,
therefore, with profound concern that we have observed recent actions taken by
officers of the Society on both International and National (in America) levels
to restrict or expel members of national sections and lodges or branches thereof
in an apparent effort to disallow what we believe are authorized and proper
pursuits of Truth and the declared Objects of the Society.

Although, the Internet provides a link of communication for some, there are many
more who are not so connected.  Consequently, a group of us have arranged a
meeting in October to discuss this problem further, to reaffirm our unreserved
and enthusiastic sympathy with the declared Objects of The Theosophical Society,
and to pledge our mutual friendship and assistance.

This meeting, at a central location in the United States,  is open to all
theosophists and theosophical organizations.  If you would like an invitation
and information, please E-mail to me your name and mailing address, and I will
forward this information to you.

We can serve as a nucleus to protect and defend the declared Objects, and to
make certain that our voices are heard throughout the theosophical movement.
But for this to happen, those of us who care must be willing to make effort.

Sincerely
Sy Ginsburg, Director at Large
The Theosophical Society in Miami & South Florida
340 Sunset Drive, #1811
Fort Lauderdale, FL. 33301
Tel: 954-463-8900
Fax: 954-463-8989