Atlantis et.all

Jul 25, 1996 02:16 PM
by James S Yungkans

In our interpretation of Atlantis, are we forgetting that H.P.B. emphasized
"Symbolism" as a key to understanding her writings.  Is the following a
possible interpretation for the atlantis legend:

        a) destrustion by fire = Purification, similar to the way a metal is
refined from an ore.
        b) sinking = passing from a manvantara so that the remains, from the
           processing (the Dross) have passed away?

This is just speculation, I know.  But isn't it possible, in addition the
myth of a REAL adlantis, that there are spiritual overtones?

                                        James