CGJung on "The Way"

Jul 25, 1996 05:10 AM
by liesel f. deutsch

I just found what to me is a profound insight while I was reading CGJung's
biography. Thought I'd share it with you, in case what he says hadn't
occurred to you either, as it hadn't to me.

"The 'way' is not upward-going straight line, f.i. from earth to heaven or
from matter to spirit, but rather a circumambulatio of, and an approximation
to the centrum. We are not liberated by leaving something behind but only by
fulfilling our task as mixta composita, ie human beings between the
opposites."