Teaching

Jul 23, 1996 04:35 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <960723111546_368291204@emout18.mail.aol.com>,
Drpsionic@aol.com writes
>Alan,
>But it is people who make up a religion.  It does not come full blown from
>the void, but rather is a manifestation of the ideas of a bunch of people and
>all religions have in their basic nature something that makes people behave
>very badly towards each other, the idea that there is only one truth and they
>are the ones who have it.

That may be the perception of many people today about many religions of
today (the one truth bit)

>Now it is true that not everyone who ascribes to religion will have that bit
>of nastiness in them, but because it is in an inherint part of the religious
>process, it is going to show up somewhere and usually get somebody, or lots
>of somebodies, killed.

IM not very HO, it is an inherent part of the *human* process, and shows
up in just the same way among people who couldn't care less about
religion.

Did I ever try to make you read my "The Nazarenes, a speculative enquiry
into Christian origins"?

BTW, I haven't been to look yet, but your TI Web link should be in place
at the URL below.

Alan
---------
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: Ancient Wisdom for a New Age
TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk
http://WWW1.Minn.Net/~vlg/TI.html
(Note figure "one" after WWW)