Re: Castaneda

Jul 22, 1996 08:33 AM
by Maxim Osinovsky

On Mon, 22 Jul 1996 Drpsionic@aol.com wrote:

> Now wait a minute here.  What is a religion but a collection of opinions and
> that being the case the opinion of one is as good as the opinion of any
> other, in which case the statement that "There is no religion higher than my
> personal opinion," is totally valid.
>
> Chuck the Heretic

Chuck,

You are absolutely right. This is what's called the 'relative truth.' An
absolutely correct relative truth. Maybe when we get sick of our
particular truths we'll get out of the closets into the marketplace of
ideas to find something in common. I see it as a major driving force behind
discussion groups like this one. So what's going on here is beautiful and
appropriate. The only thing I'm concerned about is how not to lose my
sense of humor and and not to allow the sense of my own importance to get
the upper hand. Your help is appreciated.

Max