Re: Core Teaching from a silent voice

Jul 21, 1996 12:55 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <960721005201_160740321@emout12.mail.aol.com>,
Drpsionic@aol.com writes
>Religion is, in all cases, a source of evil.

Religion does, in all cases, contain a variable amount of good.
*Attachment* to religious dogma is, in all cases, a source of danger.

I have learned a great deal from the pursuit of the second object, which
is my justification for the above.  Perhaps you will make the same claim
for your contrary opinion. I find it hard to believe that you genuinely
see things in such "black and white" terms.

As you say in another post: 'To paraphrase the old pentecostal, "When
doctrine conflicts with experience, you throw out the doctrine."'

May I add, "... and when doctrine conforms to experience, you keep it -
at least until further experience changes your understanding."

Alan [smiles ingratiatingly].
---------
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: Ancient Wisdom for a New Age
TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk
http://WWW1.Minn.Net/~vlg/TI.html
(Note figure "one" after WWW)