Re: Theosophy Renaissance - Incarnated

Jul 20, 1996 09:49 PM
by Drpsionic

Jerry,
I agree with you.  Richard Brooks spoke at convention and he has a terrible
problem because as a parapsychologist he keeps running into things that
contradict the "core teachings."  At one point, in a private conversation, he
said "But the Masters say otherwise and who am I to contradict them?"  I fear
that sleep deprivation overwhelmed my usual politeness and I snapped, "You
have a brain and you have the evidence.  What more do you need?"
To paraphrase the old pentecostal, "When doctrine conflicts with experience,
you throw out the doctrine."

Chuck the Heretic